MKVToolNix 13.0.0 changelog:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: information about multiple programs will be output as container properties during verbose/JSON identification.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool: added a column "program" to the tracks list. Certain container types such as MPEG transport streams can contain multiple programs. The new column will contain the service name (think TV
- station names such as "arte HD") for such streams.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool: the dialog asking the user what to do with dropped files (add to current settings, add to new settings etc.) now remembers the previous decision and defaults to it the next time it's
- MKVToolNix GUI: tabs can now be closed by pressing the middle mouse button.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: MPEG-1/2 video read from MP4 files was written with an invalid codec ID (e.g. `V_MPEG7`) in certain cases.
- mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: made the file type detection less strict so that garbage at the start of the file doesn't prevent detection.
- mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: (E-)AC-3 tracks were not detected if the very first packet for that track didn't contain a full (E-)AC-3 frame.
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed mkvmerge not detecting all tracks in MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs.
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed track content being broken for some tracks read from MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs.
- mkvmerge: JSON identification: the `stream_id` and `sub_stream_id` track properties were output as hexadecimal strings instead of unsigned integers. As the `ts_pid` track property was only used for MPEG transport streams, its value is now output as `stream_id` instead, and the `ts_pid` property has been removed. The JSON schema version has been bumped to 8 due to this change.
- mkvmerge: fixed a crash when appending video tracks where one track has a CodecPrivate member and the other one doesn't.
- mkvmerge: track statistics tags: the `NUMBER_OF_BYTES` tag is supposed to contain the number of bytes in a track before any of the content encoding schemes such as lossless compression is applied; however, mkvmerge was wrongfully using the number of bytes after the schemes had been applied.
- mkvmerge: CLPI & MPLS parsers: MPLS and CLPI files with version number `0300` as used on Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs are now accepted as well.
- mkvpropedit: fixed a crash when the selector used for `--tags` is invalid.
- MKVToolNix GUI: fixed computation of value of total progress bar for multiple jobs running.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, adding new attachments: when the GUI checks if there's an attachment with the same name it will now disregard disabled attached files.
- Debian/Ubuntu packaging: during a `dpkg-buildpackage` run the test suite was failing when a non-English locale was active and MKVToolNix packages had already been installed.
Opening terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and running the command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/$(lsb_release
-sc)/ ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bunkus.org.list'
$ wget -q -O - https://mkvtoolnix.download/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.txt | sudo apt-key add -
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui
refer original : https://howto-ubuntunew.blogspot.com/